2. Apology to the Muslim World ("We Have Not Been Perfect"). President Obama, interview with Al Arabiya, January 27, 2009.
3. Apology to the Summit of the Americas ("At Times We Sought to Dictate Our Terms"). President Obama, address to the Summit of the Americas opening ceremony, Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, April 17, 2009.
4. Apology at the G-20 Summit of World Leaders ("Some Restoration of America's Standing in the World"). News conference by President Obama, ExCel Center, London, United Kingdom, April 2, 2009.
5. Apology for the War on Terror ("We Went off Course"). President Obama, speech at the National Archives, Washington, D.C., May 21, 2009.
6. Apology for Guantanamo in France ("Sacrificing Your Values"). Speech by President Obama, Rhenus Sports Arena, Strasbourg, France, April 3, 2009.
7. Apology before the Turkish Parliament ("Our Own Darker Periods in Our History"). Speech by President Obama to the Turkish Parliament, Ankara, Turkey, April 6, 2009.
8. Apology for U.S. Policy toward the Americas ("The United States Has Not Pursued and Sustained Engagement with Our Neighbors").
9. Apology for the Mistakes of the CIA ("Potentially We've Made Some Mistakes"). Remarks by the President to CIA employees, CIA Headquarters, Langley, Virginia, April 20, 2009. The remarks followed the controversial decision to release Office of Legal Counsel memoranda detailing CIA enhanced interrogation techniques used against terrorist suspects.
10. Apology for Guantanamo in Washington ("A Rallying Cry for Our Enemies"). President Obama, speech at the National Archives, Washington, D.C., May 21, 2009.