- Government is too big and that the federal stimulus bill made government bigger instead of creating jobs.
- Taxes are too high and are going higher if Congress continues with its out-of-control spending.
- The historic amount of debt we are passing on to our children and grandchildren is immoral.
- Power concentrated in the hands of one political party, as it is here in Massachusetts, leads to bad government and poor decisions.
- A strong military and vigorous homeland defense will protect our interests and security around the world and at home.
- All Americans deserve health care, but we shouldn't have to create a new government insurance program to provide it.
- About Political Policy
- The Russell Kirk Center For Cultural Renewal
- The Heritage Foundation
- Goldwater Institute
- Catholic Charities
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- The Leadership Institute
- College Republicans
- The College Conservative
- Young America's Foundation
- Young Conservatives Coalition
- Young Republicans
- Support Our Military
- Submit An Article
- Contact Political Policy
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Perhaps the most important national congressional election in 2010 is the Massachusetts special election on January 19 for Ted Kennedy’s vacant Senate seat. Political Policy is proud to endorse Scott Brown as the Republican candidate in that election.
The tremendous importance of this election is threefold.
(1) a victory for Scott Brown, as with the New Jersey and Virginia Republican gubernatorial victories, would send a message to President Obama and the Democratic Congress that Americans are fed up with their socialist, anti-American agendas,
(2) a victory for Scott Brown would be the key vote #41 that gives back the power to the Republicans allowing them to filibuster, will block cloture and will be the 41st Republican vote so dearly needed to protect the country from the socialist, anti-American agenda of Harry Reid and the Democrats in the Senate,
(3) a victory for Scott Brown would be the 41st Republican Senate vote to block the socialist ObamaCare bill that is ripe with middle-class tax increases, less health care coverage, higher premiums and more American debt. Scott Brown will be the key vote to thwart this horrible piece of legislation that was cobbled together by the Senate Democrats in reprehensible “Obama Chicago thug" political fashion, using back room closed door deals and meetings with pay-offs made by Democratic Senate Majority leader Harry Reid.
Scott Brown, on behalf of Massachusetts, would also bring the virtuous leadership desperately needed in Congress. Scott Brown believes in core American values and principles and will exercise common sense leadership on behalf of all Americans, not just those in Massachusetts.
Scott Brown’s Background
Scott Brown is a proud member of the Massachusetts National Guard, where he has served for nearly three decades and currently holds the rank of Lt. Colonel in the Judge Advocate Generals (JAG) Corps. Brown was awarded the Army Commendation Medal for meritorious service in homeland security following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. His career in public service began as selectman in Wrentham and he went on to serve three terms as a State Representative. In 2004, Senator Brown received the Public Servant of the Year Award from the United Chamber of Commerce for his leadership in reforming the state's sex offender laws and protecting the rights of victims. He has also been recognized by the National Federation of Independent Businesses for his work in creating an environment that encourages job growth and expansion in Massachusetts.
Scott Brown’s Legislative Agenda
Scott is Brown has led the fight in Massachusetts against wasteful government spending and higher taxes. He is a free-market advocate who believes our strength as a nation flows from its people. He believes in a culture of family, patriotism and freedom. At his September 12 announcement of candidacy for the U.S. Senate, Senator Brown articulated a core set of beliefs that guide his thinking.
Scott Brown’s Democratic opponent is Massachusetts Attorney-General Martha Coakley. Coakley is a robotic liberal Obama Democrat who is pro-ObamaCare, a supporter of late-term abortions, as Attorney-General refused to implement the full measure of Massachusetts’ watered-down version of Jessica’s Law, has no experience whatsoever with foreign policy issues as compared to Scott Brown’s vast military experience, supports Cap and Trade, is supported by the ACORN front organization SEIU and is a classic tax and spend Obama liberal.
For a full account of the range of damage that Martha Coakley would do if elected in the Massachusetts special election please visit “Rapid Republican Blog” and Michelle Malkin’s website.
Democratic Corrupt Tactics
The Boston Herald has reported that, “energized opponents of the Democrats’ national health-care overhaul have catapulted GOP Senate hopeful Scott Brown within striking distance of Attorney General Martha Coakley...” Let’s keep that energy at full throttle!! Scott Brown has the needed momentum to win in Massachusetts and the Democrats in Congress are running scared.
The Boston Herald also reported that the “it looks like the fix is in on national health-care reform - and it all may unfold on Beacon Hill”. The corrupt democratic Massachusetts political machine has threatened that if Scott Brown is elected on 1/19 they will forestall his swearing in so that interim Senator Paul Kirk can cast his vote for ObamaCare. IS THIS THE KIND OF CORRUPT POLITICAL BEHAVIOR MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTS WANT TO CONTINUE TO HAVE??
For those residents of Massachusetts who care about taking back their commonwealth and their country from the socialist, anti-American agenda of the Obama congressional democrats and the Martha Coakley’s this is your chance to make that happen. For those non-Massachusetts residents who believe the same and want to contribute to that cause, please go to Scott Brown’s website at http://www.brownforussenate.com/ and make a donation to his campaign.
It’s not too late to take back America, it's not too late to put America back on track and it's not too late to support Scott Brown. Supporting Scott Brown with your vote and/or donation will be your personal contribution to that end.