|President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs into law the Social Security Act of 1935|
|President Lyndon B. Johnson signs into law the Medicare bill on July 30, 1965|
|President Barack Obama signs into law the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare) on March 23, 2010|
"We can never insure one hundred percent of the population against one hundred percent of the hazards and vicissitudes of life, but we have tried to frame a law which will give some measure of protection to the average citizen and to his family against the loss of a job and against poverty-ridden old age."
“The benefits under the law are as varied and broad as the marvelous modern medicine itself. If it has a few defects--such as the method of payment of certain specialists-then I am confident those can be quickly remedied and I hope they will be.”
“And we have now just enshrined -- as soon as I sign this bill -- the core principle that everybody should have some basic security when it comes to their health care.”
- ObamaCare will bankrupt over half the nation’s states and cause increased state income taxes due to shifting of Medicare patients on to state Medicaid rolls.
- ObamaCare increases health-related corporate and personal income taxes by $600 billion.
- Corporate tax hikes will be passed on to consumers in the form of higher costs and the ObamaCare personal tax hikes that include the nefarious “medicare” tax on investment income will compound further decreases in economic growth already created by other Obamanomic polices, i.e., his failed $800 billion so-called stimulus package and his skyrocketing budget deficits.
- The unintended consequences of this disastrous legislation are already seeping out. Major American corporations are expecting enormous additional charges to their balance sheets estimated at $14 billion due to the ObamaCare elimination of retiree’s prescription drug subsidies. These corporations are projecting massive layoffs due to this ObamaCare business charge.
- Also, lest we forget, the unholy trinity was also crafty enough to sneak a socialist policy within the larger socialist policy, by incorporating into ObamaCare a total federal socialization of student loans which will cause 31,000 in lost jobs. And, surprisingly enough, the unholy trinity didn’t care to listen to American's opinions about that change either!