Political Policy is proud to endorse Carly Fiorina as the Republican nominee for the U.S. Senate in California. Carly Fiorina has an extremely interesting background, both professionally and personally. It all adds up to someone who will be a breath of senatorial fresh air who will breathe new life into the once Golden state and restore its aura of greatness.
“I support the Arizona law. The people of Arizona did what they felt they had to do, absent the federal government's decision to do its job.” This is the federal government's job. It's President Obama's job. It's Janet Napolitano's job. And Barbara Boxer, as our senator, instead of standing up and challenging the constitutionality of the Arizona law, she ought to be standing on the president's desk and saying, ‘Do your job.’ Why is it that we are prepared to allow the federal government to be unaccountable and to not do its' job?”
- Inflation-adjusted losses to gross domestic product (GDP) of $9.9 trillion
- More than $4.6 trillion in higher energy taxes
- Job losses exceeding 2.5 million for some years
- Annual family-of-four energy costs rising by $1,000, including a gasoline price increase of more than $1.20 per gallon
- Annual family-of-four energy costs plus increased cost of goods and services totaling more than $3,000
- Average GDP loss per family of four above $4,500 per year;Family-of-four net worth dropping by more than $40,000; andThe family of four's share of the national debt rising by an additional $27,000.